"I could not at any age be content to take my place in a corner by the fireside and simply look on."
-Eleanor Roosevelt

Friday, June 29, 2007

On The Road Again


Leaving this morning was a bittersweet event. Eating breakfast with my soul sister, Kellie and her fabulous little girl Jessica (who was a bit upset that she was late for swim practice). Andele's one last time...mmmm, smothered red burrito for Erik, vegetarian omelet with chili for me, egg and biscuit for Esau. I knew that tears would start falling as soon and the last goodbyes were said. My dearest friend will be greatly missed.

Well, we have officially started our journey to the midwest. Our first stop...conservative country of Midland, Texas! After 350 miles we were definitely ready for our stop. Only a few mishaps..a lost wallet (unfortunately not found as of yet) and a stuck truck in a ditch. Not bad for a first day. I would have to say that I wouldn't have believed it if I didn't see it all with my own 4 eyes!

Now with Forest Gump on the tube, Esau playing with the toilet paper from the bathroom (not to mention Zoe's water dish, a wet event), Erik walking an oh so very eager Zoe, and me...here enjoying air conditioning and watching my baby boy play.

No comments:

Tunes for You


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones