"I could not at any age be content to take my place in a corner by the fireside and simply look on."
-Eleanor Roosevelt

Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Community



Well, our last community dinner for this summer has just shortly passed. At 9:03 pm, Esau is asleep, Erik is doing some last minute packing, and I am here writing. All waiting for our long time friend, Jon, to arrive to help us with our move. This will be his second time around.


"I'm not real good with good-bye's, I mean I don't get real emotional, you know," Nora tells me..."it's alright, I don't really either," I say. Now looking back on that conversation, tear dribbling down my cheek, Erik smiling and rubbing my back while reading this over my shoulder, I realize that's not really very true. I guess underneath I am just a sap like the rest of us...


It's a bummer having to leave after finally gotten into the groove of parenting and finding people to parent with us. I truly believe that it takes a village. I am sad to leave such a wonderful one, but am looking forward to visiting in one sense or another.


It's raining...how nice on our tin roof.
Rafa (he put up with us too!)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi there the boy is so big miss ya, get in touch soon. Ryan

Tunes for You


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones