"I could not at any age be content to take my place in a corner by the fireside and simply look on."
-Eleanor Roosevelt

Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Snow Day!


What a beautiful sight I woke up to this morning! The phone rings....SNOW DAY! I was once told that even though the roads may be driveable in more populated areas...Brown County roads can almost be guaranteed to be treachorous. I sit here in silence, a rare occurance in our house these days and look out of our nice bay window...huge flakes fall lightly to the already snow covered ground. I love the snowy part of winter...it's beauty is indescribable. I can't wait to move into our new house and watch the snow fall on the trees that surround the property. What a gorgeous sight it will be!

1 comment:

Sunny said...

For once I can relate...nice to have a full day off; this time of year gets a bit monotonous and time to reflect and rest is good. On snow, Michigan has tons more snow than IN and sometimes it's better to live here, but I love those days when you wake up to a blanket of white and everything seems so perfectly quiet and still. Every season has it's beauty.

A few meditational thoughts on this wintery day:
--



Be kind, everyone you meet is in a great struggle. Philo of Alexandria

"Do the Good You Know" St John of the Ladder


THanks for your friendship and looking out for me!

Kelly

Tunes for You


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones