"I could not at any age be content to take my place in a corner by the fireside and simply look on."
-Eleanor Roosevelt

Thursday, January 24, 2008

Wonderlab


We recently visited Wonderlab. It is a mini-science lab for kids of all ages (0-110). My girlfriend and I took our kids, thinking it would be a relaxed Monday morning. Our plan: 9am - meet at Jazzmin's house to carpool to Wonderlab (actual time: 9:45am); 10am - head to Wonderlab for fun and excitement; 12pm - lunch; 1pm - nap. Okay so those of you with kids, know that schedules mean nothing in the mind of a toddler. We get to Wonderlab and it is amazingly slow for it being Martin Luther King Jr Day...no school...where are all of the kids? I look behind me in line.....ooooohhhhhh! there they are. A line stretching out of the doors formed quickly enough to start a mini assembly line of coat hanging and change jumbling. Most parents groaned and grunted as they scrounged around for money to pay the admission and others, those more prepared had their membership cards in hand ready to flash them to the attendant at a moment's notice. I, on the other hand had misplaced the paperwork for our membership, or rather Esau's membership (a birthday gift from grandma & grandpa). Everyone groaning and staring as I dug through the envelope again and again. I was holding the line up, kids were starting to get upset that it was taking so long, some parents let their kids just run on ahead and told them they'd catch up. Was I really being that inconvenient? maybe so, nonetheless, I was not turning around and walking out without allowing Esau to have his fill. I finally insisted that the front desk lady look up who purchased the membership...and....vioala! It appeared ready for us to receive our temporary card and cross the thresh-hold into science mania! Esau was engrossed in all of the activities available to play on, in, through, with, etc. It was amazing! Esau and his pal Owen had an absolute blast running around the toddler friendly activity center, while Jazzmin and I were able to just relax and them be kids. No crazy things to have to worry about. Everyone was there for the same reason, to let their kids have fun and learn all at the same time...whether they knew it or not! It was the most fun Esau had had in a long time...we sure will miss Jazzmin and Owen when they move away.






3 comments:

noradawn said...

I wanna go to Wonderlab with you!

TheWeaverFam said...

What a great camping that would be, for the fam to drive out here and visit and then you could go to Wonderlab! Let us know when you'll be here ;)

Renee. . . said...

That sounds like pure fun. I do that kind of stuff all the time (misplacing and/or forgetting). It all comes with mommyhood. :)

Renee

Tunes for You


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones