"I could not at any age be content to take my place in a corner by the fireside and simply look on."
-Eleanor Roosevelt

Saturday, November 8, 2008

"Peaches in the summertime, apples in the fall"

Our co-op was having a truckload sale, which means that all natural organic produce and products are on sale at wholesale prices!! Since moving to the midwest I have started doing much more canning than I had in NM. Probably because the cold weather keeps us inside with nothing to do, but clean my house and cook. It's okay, I enjoy it and I think that my family enjoys it and of course those who reap the benefits of my delicious food enjoy it too. This year, as last I am making baskets full of homemade gifts for those whom we are giving Christmas gifts too (in lieu of buying things). We simply do not have enough money to make a purchase for everyone in our family. Last year I thought I would put together Christmas baskets with homemade strawberry and rhubarb jam, apple sauce, apple butter, snack mixes and puppy chow. This year I have started with apple butter. Since I have to make soooo many baskets (1 per family) I thought I'd get started early. Oh, the possiblities!!!!




1 comment:

MamaWestWind said...

Great gift idea! A handmade gift is always so much better than something bought at a store. Especially when you can eat it!

Tunes for You


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones