"I could not at any age be content to take my place in a corner by the fireside and simply look on."
-Eleanor Roosevelt

Sunday, September 9, 2007

Rainy Days


I have to admit that when I hear people say that Indiana is in a drought, I really have to chuckle to myself...they don't even know. While driving down 46 dead trees line the road and hang solemly over and draping the edges with sad lament. Every house here typically has a lush green lawn big enough for any family large or small. Recently the lawns have been looking brown and sad. It has been over a month since we've mowed...no need, the water is so scarce that the lawn doesn't even grow. This certainly is a change from what we're used to in New Mexico. Most homes have either a decorative rock lawn with desert plants to frame the property, or dirt. It's fairly simple.


We have recently been blessed with 4 days of rain. Yesterday being the rainiest, along with thunderstorms throughout the night and into today. It has been a nice change from the usual scorching hot weather with 90% humidity. Esau has thoroughly enjoyed the rain...playing in the puddles with his never before used rain boots. Luckily for him our driveway has nice areas that collect the rain water...perfect for puddle stomping!


1 comment:

Renee. . . said...

I've been missing Weaver family news! I was very excited to see this. It sounds like you're settling right in. We still miss you though!

Renee

Tunes for You


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones